Indicator extension wire

Spike101uk
This post is 2940 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys

I've got hold of a saddlebag mount but it requires me to move rear indicators back about 5 inches, I've already got some bullet connectors but am unsure on what wire I need to use and where to buy from, I'm down south in UK if that helps people with suggestions.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

something like this will be ok and pretty cheap to. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5M-1mm-16Amp-12v-Automotive-Cable-Wire-Auto-Wiring-Loom-Marine-Motorcycle-/171530693324?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

ebay is your friend for these sorts of things.

Thanks for the link

However , while taking the rear seat off I managed to shear the bolt right at back in half and half is stuck in the mudguard, havnt got a drill so not sure how to get out and the bolt underside is a square and rusty too

Usually the square type nuts are captive ie welded to the frame or part, they can be graunched off if you have fucked the thread and a loose nut used instead. If you want to save it then heat and plus gas or WD40 left overnight can loosen the broken thread and make it easier to get it out. Try what I do which is to get a small cold chisel and cut a screwdriver slot into the bolt sticking out ( if you have any that is) and then work it back and forth till it moves then gently work it out of the hole. sometimes it's easier if the bolt goes right through the nut on the inside to grab the end of the bolt with a pair of mole grips and wiggle it till it loosens.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, slice said:

, they can be graunched off if you have fucked the thread 

Haha, I read that as ...can be GROUCHED off......

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online