Working career ending

neversaydie
This post is 3044 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

After 48 years of hard graft, I've decided to chuck it in and finish at 64. Not quite sure how we're going to manage without income the next 12 months, but something'll turn up I'm sure. 

Started in 68, at the old iron and steel works at Stanton Ironworks, massive site, around 10,000 worked there at the time, wonderful memories of that place, proper old characters, many of whom saw action 39-45.

A few jobs in between, some great fun, some bloody awful. 

Gonna need to fill my time in the new year

• Like 4

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I retired in 2000 NSD, I now don't have time to go to work plus my bike takes a lot of fettling during the winter. Do those things you always wanted to do but couldn't find the time to do before.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thats it, all done. Locker keys and swipe card handed over. Tools all brought home (now I need a tool cabinet :))

No more 4.15 am get ups in winter

No more KPIs, stretch targets, rca, blah blah blah

I have far too many spanners/socket sets/screwdrivers, think Ill do a car boot in the spring

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, neversaydie said:

I have far too many spanners/socket sets/screwdrivers, think Ill do a car boot in the spring

Wait wait wait!,ive got a better idea!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q50LGBOYYXQ

• Like 2

I hope you have a long and happy retirement Bud, you've earned it

• Like 1