1983 Yamaha TR1

Jack R1
This post is 2399 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Acceleration, braking, cranked over in your favorite bends  and roundabouts. You will move around a lot.

I just think its something that deserves as much thought as you have put in the rest of the bike.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

C'mon Jack, you've kept us hanging around for 10 days now....we need updates

On 11/03/2016 at 10:59 AM, jimmy said:

C'mon Jack, you've kept us hanging around for 10 days now....we need updates

:D I'm self employed and work has been crazy so done very very little for some time now. On top of that, race season started for us last weekend so preparation for that has taken up quite some time. I promise to get back to this asap

I do now have the single carb conversion kit arrive so may start tinkering very soon

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Jack

i have in my garage a stock tr1 that I'm going to turn into something very similar to yours, so I'm following your build closely!

im going tu use an r1 front end and the sv650 rear wheel and brake caliper, did you use the 99-02 or the later ones?

is there much difference between the two? Before I go out and buy the wrong bits!

thanks T

Hardly any difference between the two mate. Just bearing and therefore spindle size.

Why are you going to the Yamaha front  and Suzuki rear ? The reason I went for the GSXR front ws to match the wheel to the SV. You will have different shape wheels the way you are descrbing

Hi jack

already bought the front end, most builds I've seen pics of have different wheels. At least the r1/XS have 3 spokes and once they're painted and some nice waves discs only the very sharpest of eyes will notice (I hope) !!!

Just a quick one to say I'm still here but struggling to find any time at all to work on this. I have had time to dry fit the 2 into 1 manifold and 40mm flatslide carb. Looks so much better than the standard twin carbs  [thumbsup] 

image_zpsntfg4eqy.jpeg
image_zpskvdep7hh.jpeg
image_zpstmpjygl1.jpeg

I'm in touch with a German guy on youtube who is supercharging a TR1.

I'll update when I get his blog details

1 hour ago, Jack R1 said:

I think that would be Nanno. It's a great build ! 

have you got his blog address?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It's been way too long since I've done anything to this. The bikes has been in bits scattered between my work and home garage. I've got the bit between my teeth again so have got the thing back together again
 IMG_4272_zpsmup6cfhn.jpg

I've sourced a nice rear brake disc for the SV rear wheel 
IMG_4293_zpshjl5t2va.jpg

Ive even tidied my workshop up to make it a bit more inviting 
IMG_4275_zps4iaimois.jpg