Chain and sprockets?

This post is 6714 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all i am heading to the BMF very soon with the wife and kids and will be looking out for a new chain and sprocket kit for my thundercat not done anything like this before and check out the manual and says i need an endless chain but it seems the one i have on there at the moment is a split DID one my question is should i go for the endless one or just get another DID split one only this would be easier otherwise its off with the swing arm.I havnt had any problems with the chain which is on there so should be ok or not?? What do you all think???

cheers Sir Tom

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

All the o ring chains i have bought reently have had a clip link and a rivet link, I always have used the clip link

but only on smaller bikes (RD400) i assume you can rivet the other links to make an endless chain

Paul smeeton is doing 20% discount on chains and sprockets at the moment if you want a price guide, http://www.bitzforbikes.co.uk/

merv

Edited by mervin

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online