Roughleys toy run, Stockport

drewpy
This post is 2998 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm sure CaptF could forgo his preference for solo riding and join us for this?

well run and a great occasion for a couple of hours

Edited by drewpy
  • Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I shall mark it in my calendar (:

I don't know of anything that'll get in the way at present. I live a lot closer to there too now [moved down to Longsight]

I shall mark it in my calendar (:

I don't know of anything that'll get in the way at present. I live a lot closer to there too now [moved down to Longsight]

we normally get there about 11 and go for a coffee in Tesco's. lots of peeps just buy their pressy there and hand it in to the toy wagon on site. saves stuffing your jacket front with pressies.

dress up the bike and santa outfit optional, although you will stand out without one on.

You mean I have to look Christmassy? :unsure:

I may stick a small santa hat on the front of the bike (:

get some tinsel on the bars, pauls bike is a reindeer

Now we're taking it too far.

Let's just say, my motto over the Christmas period is "Bah, minty flavoured boiled sweets" (:

wait to you see those kids at the rainbow trust, waiting for the bikers to arrive, then you won't be like that

• Like 1

still not done one of these yet, keep meaning too every year but something always seem to get in the way, it does look like fun and for a good course. hopefully this year fingers crossed.   

that was a hot day, think Paul Brownie (OT) went to that one too as he was complaining of overheating the engine. mine was vapour locking

shame that the Sally army one was cancelled due to the Police

I'm definitely up for this. Trying to convince some people who aren't on here to come too.

Hailing from Leicestershire, so will be setting out at 7:30 to get there on time. But totally worth it to make the Christmas of some of those who are less fortunate.

See you guys there!

I'm definitely up for this. Trying to convince some people who aren't on here to come too.

Hailing from Leicestershire, so will be setting out at 7:30 to get there on time. But totally worth it to make the Christmas of some of those who are less fortunate.

See you guys there!

wow, that's mighty good of you.

There are toy runs up and down the country, but if your up for a ride out, your welcome to join us.

it normally only takes a few hours along normal roads, and due to the amount of traffic a cyclist kept up with us. :D

wow, that's mighty good of you.

There are toy runs up and down the country, but if your up for a ride out, your welcome to join us.

it normally only takes a few hours along normal roads, and due to the amount of traffic a cyclist kept up with us. :D

If I were to go to another one, I wouldn't get to meet you Drewpy... :P That, and I haven't had a proper run out on the bike yet. Maximum I've sat on it is an hour, so I think 3-3.5 hours would be a decent time to really get to know the bike.

I work for Rutland County Council, and have informed them of the event and asked for present donations. With staff totalling 500, I am hoping to be bringing panniers full of gifts :) 

Edited by 3d7omb
Missed info
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, captf said:

My bike's not happy with me. I'm making it wear silly [cheap] reindeer antlers for the occasion.

At least you'll get noticed ;)

I got drivers honking me and waving when I was in my Santa gear, good fun

• Like 1

weather looks ok for tomorrow
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2636882?day=1

I think I'll be ther for 11am and about 11:15 go for a coffee in Tesco coffee shop

just got dressed up ready , checked bike over and the heavens have opened here.

sorry guys im not turning out in this.:(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online