DT400b 1976

blackhat250
This post is 2823 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well winters near,, I"v got my project,   owned one in 1979....B)

20151004_164910.jpg

Edited by blackhat250
  • Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Engine in boxes, but I have a fully rebuilt 400 Engine in shedB), ,  V5 - original turn signals Tank clean inside, ., exhaust missing, ,,lots of spares tho,  ,it was covered in cobwebs, real barnfind,,, barrel is .50,  no scratches , decompressor fitting, clocks showing 5,600mls,

Edited by blackhat250

Stripped to the bone,  air filter disintegrated after 39 years,  [  lots of original bolts & rubbers ]  loom complete ,  head bearings were dry paste, but seats are unmarked , [ new balls & grease]  as taper bearings are too tall, and the headlamp shrouds end up loose,]

Gonna paint frame, not a fan of powder coat,

Gonna blast it , then gloss black paint,  . am not a fan of powder coating,,  Stafford show next week ,  be on the hunt,,:yay:

Good find ! , should make a decent bike whats the seat base and rear muddy like.

I sold my DT360 about 2 months ago, dont regret it though as theres a 77 xt500 sat in its place ready for a restoration.

TTB

Im also at Stafford on Saturday on the hunt.

TTB 

• Like 1

Aye tommy " ,  the seat is a bit thin [ tinworm ]   not fooked tho,   rear fender is complete. no small triangle piece tho ,to mount the plate/light,

Bit of brazing work and some tin bashing should be able to sort out both the seat base and the small triangular piece.

You never know what may show up this weekend.

:)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ok "  here where were at,  Chrome time,   stripped speedo & tach,  slow tedious job,   frames painted ,   ,,

20151107_213659_1.jpg20151107_214537.jpg

Edited by blackhat250

• 3 weeks later...

Rebuilt the clocks, and some shiney stuff back , 1 week turnaround, , service for yeh ,Agbrigg -Leeds,

• Like 1

That looks like a nice job, was it expensive?

That lot in picture, " unchromed picky "  [ Thers a gt500 tail,light, too]  and a heap of bolts ,  £150,  postage included, [ both ways, ].

not polished yet jack ,

• 1 month later...

Shed time lots done,   ,, paintwork done -new seat, engine in ,[ alloy fins done to factory spec, .that was a chore, ;:eusa_doh:,] 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Bit more shed time,.  wiring loom on , Rear fender ,[ that was a task] ,  tried on the fineries to see ,,:rolleyes:

20160112_210331.jpg

A word of warning,  Yuniparts [ Uk ] [ ebay ]. sell switchgear, [repro]  the imdicator switch arrives.  it has 6 pin & 4 pin plugs,  well the twinshock 513 models have a 4 pin only , the rest are loose,  in this [ bar switch] thers a  blue white. now on both my bikes MX 1M2 & twinshock, 513, thers no blue/white. [ or in diagrams] so I traced it ,into switch , it is the power to lights,  should line up with brown on loom ,

So I emails yuniparts,  do you sell any swiches to mach the 513-00-00 models, [ they sell this loom]  NO WE ONLY SELL USA & Canada switches, 501-00-00.   I REPLIES well that's crazy,  you sell the looms and no switches to match,, :eusa_doh:

Any way I sorted it to suit,

• Like 4

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online