Yamaha XS 400 L or XJ 400 Maxim more information

Werner
This post is 3215 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone,

I have gotten myself a Yamaha XS400L (that is what it officially say on the paper) but found it might be also called XJ 400 Maxim.

It seems a bit special at least what the local shops in Denmark tell me.

I have been looking in vain for a luggage holder so I can mount a top case. I tried already ebay and several other accessory vendors. however I have seen a couple of picture on the web of similar machines which had such a thing mounted.

So if anyone has a tip or recommendation where to get one I would be thankful.

I have some pics and I hope that works

XS400L%20RIGHT%20SIDE_zpswwcvmczo.jpg

XS400L%20LEFT%20SIDE_zpsvivmhyqt.jpg

XS400L%20RIGTH%20SIDE%20HOLES_zpsf5mdfp6

Thanks a bunch, Werner

Edited by Werner

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Alright Buddy

If you're thinking of hanging around on the forum (and you should) stick a wee bit up about yourself in the 'Introduction' section. You will get a lot more replies that way

• Like 1

The 400 and 750 Maxim are built on the same frame, so anything that fits the 750 should fit the 400. As above and INTRO in new members section helps.

PS the XJ and Maxim are 2 different bikes, some parts will fit (engine and running gear) will fit but frame types are different so don't buy XJ parts for your  bikes frame.

XJ75051144-01.jpg

Maxim Yamaha%20XJ700S%20Maxim%2085%20%201.jpg

Edited by slice

No slice the 400 Maxim is a twin same as mine but with one less gear  I think the frame is also pretty much the same except for the rear end where the rack fits I had a hell of a time finding a rack to fit mine I think it will be even harder to find one for this!

• Like 1

Ok Tommy , had both of the XJ models and thought that the 400 was the same frame as the 750's, if not them sorry to lead you down the garden path as it were DOH!!! :ph34r:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online