2001 R6 gearbox problem

Faz
This post is 6578 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all my first post here so hello to u all:) Ive had my bike 2 years now and i have my first problem with it, When im in 2nd gear and start to open bike up it feels like im missing a few teeth on my sprockets this only happens in 2nd gear so im thinking my gearbox is bust. Does anyone know how much a rebuild costs? or is it worth me trying to find a spare? any help would be great, summer is on the way and i want it sorting out:)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all my first post here so hello to u all:) Ive had my bike 2 years now and i have my first problem with it, When im in 2nd gear and start to open bike up it feels like im missing a few teeth on my sprockets this only happens in 2nd gear so im thinking my gearbox is bust. Does anyone know how much a rebuild costs? or is it worth me trying to find a spare? any help would be great, summer is on the way and i want it sorting out:)

i know its a silly question but is your chain and sprockets in good nick

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online