Tit of a Man

jimmy
This post is 3219 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Me, yip, me

Out for a run on the bike today and having a great time. Hooning when appropriate and taking it easy when that was needed. During one of the taking it easy parts I was sitting behind a learner driver, 2 - 3 second reactionary gap and singing away to myself, enjoying life. Anyway something catches my attention and I look away to my right and (thank fek) looked back again only to discover the car in front has stopped to turn right. Huge slamming on of brakes and back wheel locking up I managed to stop myself rear ending this learner driver. Got away with that I'll tell you...........

Pay attention Jimbo, pay attention

Edited by jimmy
  • Like 3

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well done Jimmy, I must say that when I'm following a learner driver I always keep well back and give them plenty of room for two reasons.

1. The last thing they want is a vehicle right up their arse.
  2. And to keep cars at a good distance behind them.

And I always think that the annoying thing is that the impatient car behind them had at one time been in that situation at one time also. 

• Like 1

Totally agree Mike, I always give them room when either on the bike or in a car (after all we were all learners at one time). The purpose of this post was showing how quickly the reactionary gap was eaten up when I looked away and those 2 -3 secs were gone

I'm always telling my lad when he takes me anywhere to give a little more space,               you can follow the car in front for 10 to 20 miles but the first time you're eyes wonder they will brake.

• Like 1

I think we've all been guilty of that at some point. I almost rear ended drewpy last year in Manchester but I blame the young lady at the bus stop! That'll teach me

• Like 2

I blame the young lady at the bus stop!

Don't have a problem in the winter but in the summer that's a different story:wub:

• Like 1

I think we've all been guilty of that at some point. I almost rear ended drewpy last year in Manchester but I blame the young lady at the bus stop! That'll teach me

you'r always near my rear end you perv :P

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online