Nabbed by the old bill

Sir Tom Jones
This post is 6719 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:( Went out of the bike today after the wife and kids popped out so hey a couple of hours playing i thought.Well was out for 3 hours nearly just riding around no place to go and started to head home when out of nowhere the blue lights start flashing behind me.

1.Number plate to small

2.Race can exhaust

3.Hence the above then tells me i have no insaurance

4.Overtaking move(well the car moved and i over took nothing wrong i thought apparently i was abit quick passed the speed limit for the road i was on 40mph easy done i think but hey)

Shit im in trouble help me lord i thought but he was ok as he was a biker aswell :D and said ill just put down about the plate but i have told you about the others £30 fine and no points could of been alot worse i guess but the piss take is i got a new plate made yesterday ready for me to put on for MOT on friday how gutted am i if only i had put it on today but its so BLOODY BIG and UGLY oh well guess its gonna have to be added now. <_<

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

unlucky Sir tom. on my hornet i have a race exhaust but not a small plate yet. the one on my tzr is only trimmed down by an inch all the way round (proper job not as in i trimmed it down) but its hardley noticeable! so im going to get another one made up for the hornet!

so did you actually have insurance then?

at least you have no points and 30 quid yes you didn't want to spend it but could be loads more ;)

Hi all yes i had insurance but he reckons coz of the plate and pipe that would make my insurance void as they are not road legal.As for the plate mine wasnt really small bout 1/2 smaller numbers than original ones.Still should of known better i guess well i did but that pipe sounds soooooooo good(blue flame twin outlets) but i have a plan for that nudge nudge say no more :ssst: got plate will stick it on in the morning and standard end can for the moment anyway :( i wont let them grind me down ill be back on the road tomorrow :D

Pisser there Sir Tom!

Sounds like he let you off easy though.....which is always good. ;)

I can sure see why you guys like to down-size the plate....as the standard size is about as big a BarnDoor! :blink:

Our plates here in Oregon are only 4"x6" B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online