Where's my kickstart?!

Shaunm1991
This post is 3327 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, I'm new to the boards and am hoping someone can help me. 

Ive recently bought a YBR125 2011 privately. All the frame numbers check out and the number plate is a match to the model, but I've noticed there isn't a kickstart and the owners manual says there should be. 

Can anyone share some insight as to why that may be? There doesn't even seem to be a socket for one? 

Thanks

shaun

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

never fitted then ,kickstart  most probably for a different market , it usually unmissable a bloody great lever stuck out of the side of the gearbox . you need to run it downhill in gear instead to start it .i took mine off my FS1E in the seventies to save weight  loll

• Like 1

I don't know much about these little bikes but if you look at the right side of the engine just above and behind the foot rest you should see a blank plate/hole, I think that's where your kickstart should be if you had one but your bike ONLY comes with an electric start. One of the lads on here has just posted his "new" bike up, have a look at that and see if it's the same as yours cos it don't have a kickstart either.

Edited by slice

never fitted then ,kickstart  most probably for a different market , it usually unmissable a bloody great lever stuck out of the side of the gearbox . you need to run it downhill in gear instead to start it .i took mine off my FS1E in the seventies to save weight  loll

Pathetic , running downhill to save weight .  Everyone knows you run uphill to lose weight !

• Like 1

Pathetic , running downhill to save weight .  Everyone knows you run uphill to lose weight !

Nah i jus used to put it in second gear and give the back wheel a yank , that would start it 

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online