My dt 125r

peach1968
This post is 3091 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

this is my restored 1988 dt125r field bike. obviously this is not me in control of it its my brother lol im just the mechanic

2015-05-11 21.42.07.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

for some reason i cant get any more photos on:(.  But the engine is completely stock it has just been fiddled with like where the air/fuel mix comes into the barrel the two little 'fingers' if you like have been completely rounded off using a file so it flows through better and that made a noticeable difference, i have also messed with the carb a bit to give better performance other then that it has a dep exhaust system. As for cosmetics i had the frame powder coated and the front forks painted white as well as the triple clamp which i think looks much better. i tried to keep it as original as possible but with a few tweeks of my own. it is actually for sale on gumtree listing :1124412462 where there are better pics tooB)

i like to keep things original that way they are worth more in the future :) but thats just meB)

• 2 months later...

Hi I have a 2002 Dt 125 R, 6500 miles on clock and would love to know the Carb settings you used, mine is a standard engine with reed switch taken out of speedo I have had bike 3 months and fitted a new Mikuni TM 28 ss Carb and fitted a 220 Jet but The bike hates idling, hates acelerating unless its at 6000 rpm, and at low revs bogs alot also bowl overflows when it is ticking over any clues, tips or info on setting the Carb up would be really appreciated, Oh and how high is that Box the bike is on I need to make one of those lol.

Thanks

Edited by Leftyno1

REALLY sounds like the float height setting being incorrect that mate might just need a good clean or be sticking a bit give it a good clean and check the float height  

Edited by Benjamin15
  • Like 1

If your running a standard exhaust you want to be on a 210 main jet bigone exhaust is 220 main and dep is 240 and as above floats will need adjusting to stop over flowing 

IMG_20151003_175734_zpsvkf2orki.jpg

Edited by Chalkey46
Pictures

• 2 weeks later...