FJ1200

lallasro
This post is 3319 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i`m stuck at the half way of the cowboyjob paint. I need more clear so, untill monday nothing to do. I I fix the clutch but I will need another piston soon, this is almost done, I broke a bolt on the cam cover (probabbly was fucked because I was gentle).

so, the paint, the model is not so awesome but I can`t ask for more because is first time and I use spray. next time I will get a compressor and all the toys I need for painting. I need to apply one more time clear, after this wet sanding, I still don`t receive the candy blue paint but this is ok because i`m not tempted to continue without last clear paint before the blue.

DSC01203_zpsdl9vzdla.jpg

DSC01202_zpsqerwqicd.jpg

DSC01199_zpsfpblrmny.jpg

DSC01198_zpshsiedyyq.jpg

DSC01197_zpszxaijaew.jpg

DSC01196_zpsosz5iuan.jpg

Edited by lallasro

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I use the same for candy blue tommy, I still wait to come. all the others stuffs (primer, black, silver, clear) are autoextreme.

Edited by lallasro

the front mudguard that I use for testing is almost done need wet sanding and apply clear. the result is acceptable. in the pics don`t look so good but its ok

I hope I will get the clear tomorrow so I can continue with other parts.

• Like 4

I'd get the coats professionally laquered so they can get a few coats on there and then cut down.

should be the dogs danglies

It's going to look really smart Lassy, nice one mate.

all parts get the paint, tomorrow if is the same great day as today, 4-5 clear apply and wet sanding.

I want do it alone drewpy, this bike is just for tests, I want practice on her :)). 

I also paint some bits and a part of the frame to make her look a bit better but is a cowboy job, i`m not ready to remove everything from the frame and completely paint it :)) to much work to find out how to rebuild it and if I do this probably I will have the chance to ride it in 2-3 years :)).

I still wait for the fookin bolt I broken and the o-ring rubbers for the cam cover. but I hope I will get them in 1-2 weeks (ajsutton don`t have them in stock and probably they have to bring them from japan or US)

Lassy, FJ owners club has them on the shelf, bought mine last year. Cancel with Suttons and give the FJ club a call, should be with you in 2-3 days.

I can`t do this slice because i`m not payed member, they don`t have an option to pay with paypal (same problem with this forum) and I will not use the debit card to buy stuffs online.

anyway, I still have things to do on the bike and probably will take me 4-5 days to fit back everything I remove :)) 

I want clean a bit the engine (outside) what products do you use guys?

Believe it or not go to your local "pound shop" and buy their oven cleaner spray can, it's pretty useless as an oven cleaner but gets the shit off your bike without marking the aluminium on the engine.

• Like 1

Anything like that Las, when they are ordering a part, most of the time they are ordering it from Fowlers of Bristol, yes I'm serious.

Don't bother with the middle men just go to Fowlers. Its unusual when they have to order something. Remember I own a rare bike when I say that.

• Like 1

Believe it or not go to your local "pound shop" and buy their oven cleaner spray can, it's pretty useless as an oven cleaner but gets the shit off your bike without marking the aluminium on the engine.

I use astonish and even Tommy will testify how effective it is.

just spray and wash off with hose, don't leave on too long though

• Like 1

today I put all fairings together for a pic. glad I do this because I find a small hole in my tank that fooked my paint. I have no idea how to fix it, I use a soldering iron to fix for the moment this problem.

now, the problem is I don`t have enough o-ring rubbers and bolts to fit all those things back, anyone have some things like those in the last picture for sale? especially the big o-rings rubbers:

DSC01244_zps8jqcsrdl.jpg

Edited by lallasro
  • Like 2

Great job, bud. If thats your first time painting, then you have unearthed a talent

thanks jimmy, is first time, I make lot of mistakes but next time I know what to do... also I will have a compressor, a paint gun and a covered area in my backyard where I will do the job to avoid flyers, spider nets, rain and dust to destroy my work . spraying is a hell especially in open area. anyway, for first time its looking good. I learn a lot from this one. now I have to learn to fit back everything :)) 

• Like 1