Old biker chick

meatloaf
This post is 3166 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Went for a ride today and stopped for a quick cup of tea, as it happened I met a mate of mine and we got talking to this lovely old lady of 84, turns out she was a biker chick way back in the 50's. I then spent the next hour or so talking to her. She was a district nurse most of her working life and did most of her rounds on various 250's turning up at patients houses in bike leathers. She told me that although she had known her husband for 60 years she wouldn't marry him until he learnt  how to ride, she finally agreed to marry him after he took her to the I O M TT and he started riding himself 40 years ago. Sadly she had to give up riding after a parachuting accident when she was in her late 60's. She is still fascinated by bikes and was thrilled when I took her round the car park to look at all the bikes there and it made her day when the bike owners were only to willing to spend a little time telling her about their bikes. She only stopped there for a cup of tea not realizing it was a bikers haunt and went away a very happy old lady.

• Like 11

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That is amazing. I tip my hat to her. On one of my camping jaunts this year (with the dog, so in the car) I saw an old lady nipping down the A6 in the opposite direction. She was on a moped (no L plates) with an open face helmet, a good old "kagool" - not sure how to spell that! And the worlds largest grin on her face. At a guess she was into her early 70's. Perhaps late 60's... Gave me the biggest grin ever. As a lady myself, she is an inspiration. Ok, so I don't want a moped - but I have visions of a sidecar on my bike when I'm too old for the weight. Why not, eh?! As long as my reactions are still sharp enough...

• Like 8

I'm sure your weight won't be a problem Bipps!!! :lol: As above Meat a real treat for you and her, well done mate always nice to show we're not all angry shouty arseholes.

• Like 2

my dads 82 and had a triumph thunderbird when he was in his youth,

I coaxed him on my rd last sunday ,.

after once round the block he got off and told me it was a bloody death trap :o 

WHAT THE FUCK DOES HE KNOW.

cheeky buggers these oldies in this day and age  aren't they .

• Like 5

YOUR DAD - RESPECT :headbang:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online