This post is 3230 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome.

I have moved your post out of the help section so more people will see it.

Is it on a NOVA?

Lights would depend on if you are going for a full MOT or a daylight one.

Daylight MOT Regs.

A daylight MOT would require a motorbike to have a horn and a rear registration plate.

The testing guidelines state that motorbikes can be exempt from having lamps tested if they meet the following criteria:-

machines which have neither front nor rear position lamps, or have such lamps permanently disconnected, painted over or masked that are:-

• only used in daylight hours
  • not used in times of serious reduced visibility

The following items/lamps are not required to be tested in order for a MOT to pass a daylight MOT test as long as they meet the criteria above.

• Front and Rear position lamps
  • Headlamps
  • Stop Lamps
  • Rear Reflectors
  • Direction Indicators

VOSA can only advise on MOT standards queries. For information on the legal requirements you will need to address your enquiry to the Department for Transport, as they deal with the Construction and Use Regulations and Road Law.

The Department for Transport can be telephoned on 0300 330 3000, or you can visit their website at www.dft.gov.uk for further contact information.

Thanks to all , it is on a nova so all duty and taxes paid , I have certificate for this . I was told I have to have insurance and mot before they will issue an age related plate . I would prefer a full mot so I need electrics sorted . I want to put an ignition switch on as well, is the electrical work something I could do ?

Hi steve " :welcome: you"l need a dating cert for proof of age, OR, the original Title [ usa log book] , insure it on the frame number,