Getting ready to retire

meatloaf
This post is 3344 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Several years ago the late Mrs meat and myself gave her dad a garden bench for his 80th birthday, Well years roll on and now the house is up for sale, the bench which had been neglected for several years was looking a bit sad but I took it home and spent a day doing a few repairs and a giving it a couple of coats of paint and now sits in my garden where it gets the afternoon and early evening sun, just right to sit down and have a beer or two when I return after a day out on my bike.

20150507_162304_zpsnqabcozc.jpg

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

He's being Posh, as in, " I shall retire to the rear and have a lounge around" as opposed to 'I'm going out the back for a lie down"

Sorry guys just practising being a daft old prat of a pensioner, while you youngsters are handing over your hard earned cash in taxes to Dave to pay off the national debt, I'm preparing to take it easy, I'll be able to do what the fuck I want when I want, jump on my bike and go for a ride whenever the fancy takes me or just sit on that bench in the sun playing my music way to loud, cup of tea or a beer in one hand a map in the other planning my next ride out. I tell you that bench is gonna get well used in my retirement.

• Like 4

I've been retired for 12 years mate, you just wait there won't be enough hours in the day to do the things you want to do. We will have to meet and go for a run. As I used to live in Woking it might be nice to see the old place again as well. :jossun:

PS that makes me a Bastard as well Drewpy :biglaugha:

• Like 2

I've been retired for 12 years mate, you just wait there won't be enough hours in the day to do the things you want to do. We will have to meet and go for a run. As I used to live in Woking it might be nice to see the old place again as well. :jossun:

PS that makes me a Bastard as well Drewpy :biglaugha:

Ive heard that slice but at least they will be things that I want to do :colors:

A run out with you sounds good but I'm not sure you would be too impressed with Woking these days, it has changed a lot and not all for the good.

We both may be bastards but who gives a shit :moon:

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online