Dragstar 650 white smoke?

sunsprie
This post is 3440 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone, recently got a yamaha dragstar 650, first big bike after passing my test a few days ago. Just to let everyone know I am no bike expert when it comes to repairs lol.

Anyway, been out in the bike a lot and notice everytime there is white smoke coming from up on the exhaust pipe, I've put up a picture of the location the smoke comes from. Is this normal? It happens when I'm on the bike cause I notice the smoke rising past the headlights and also for a while after I've got off the bike.

Thanks for reading! :)5000e04570bdcf2d1dee1cdc13266b42.jpg81f0735992b4c5e6a826bab97694d2f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

No but is an idea to see where it's coming from, just so you know, check your oil every week anyway to be sure it's not pouring out other than that all bikes leak somewhere, try owning a Bonnerville or old BSA if you want to see oil pissing out, now Jimmy will be along to defend the honour of all things Triumph :biglaugha:

Just to say have you checked the torque tightness of the head? especially as it has not been on the road for a while, gaskets can get a bit stiff and crunchy if you leave them to long, it might just be that they need a good few runs out to get the oil flowing ok and the gaskets to spread after it has been laid up for a while. Don't panic it's just a temporary thing I'm sure.

• Like 2

That's good news, the bike was sitting for along time until I bought it. I'll get it sorted tomorrow anyway. Looking back now I wonder how I stayed on a 125 so long, going up hill now is like I am floating on a cloud.

No chance slice. I only pick fights I have a chance of winning

• Like 1

Another vote for oil leak dripping onto the exhaust as you have already said you had noticed a small patch of oil under the bike in your other thread

• Like 1

Going to get it sorted today, I'm a complete amateur at this sorta thing. Best I've done to a bike is change the battery, always to scared of breaking something. I changed the oil once to, woohooo!

• Like 1

Don't worry matey, it's a learning curve. See if the mechanic will let you sit and watch and you'll pick up a few hints

• Like 1

Not "SOME" money but LOTS of money, I had a quote to service the FJ from my local bike shop, £139 plus parts WTF!! I did it for £75 including all filters and oil plus a set of iridium plugs !

That is a good bit of money alright! Honestly though I get confused trying it myself. I thought I was great tightening the chain until I found it had to be aligned lol. Honestly though I do take it in once I'm showing.

My local mechanic who is good and a friend some what. He charged me £100 for putting on front steering bearing and fork seals, I thought that was decent from what I here.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online