Jump to content

YBR125 is my indicator relay broken?


Tpex Rath
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi All, again electrical problems, bane of my life...

My YBR125 '09 stood outside for about 6 days, exposed to the elements, and now all the indicators have stopped working.

None of the bulbs are blown, and I checked each connection, it's putting out 0.03 volts to each light.

I'm sure the relay used to give a slight ticking when a indicator was on, but now it will give a slight tick when the indicator is selected, and the amperage goes from 0 to 1

Do I need to replace my relay? can I break the seal and fix it myself?

Thanks in advance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have you got an old battery? It's just that if your battery is shit then you will not get enough power to run the lights, or it might just be a blown indicator relay, check your wiring as well to see if you have any rusty joints. What amperage does your bike put out when it's running (to the battery)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you got an old battery? It's just that if your battery is shit then you will not get enough power to run the lights, or it might just be a blown indicator relay, check your wiring as well to see if you have any rusty joints. What amperage does your bike put out when it's running (to the battery)?

Battery has been pretty much dead for a while, but they it worked fine while the bike was running, and all tests were of course done while it was running.

The wiring is fine till I get to the sealed up main areas where they all collect and do to the various little boxes.

I'll check the amperage tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's not right is it, should be more than that something like 14.8 volts showing unless it's a 6 volt bike, you should check your regulator to see if that is the cause of the problem either you get to much voltage or to little ie none at all. If your not sure what to do then might I suggest that you take it to your local bike shop and get them to have a look for you then they can tell you straight away what the problem is and how to fix it, just had a thought, if your putting out to much voltage then that would have cooked your indicator relay, it would also make your wiring get hot and can cause all your lights to blow before it sets fire to the bike. Get it checked out asap cos you DO NOT want to have that happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ha Ha Ha !!! Been there done that your not alone in that place called dumbarseville. :biglaugha:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Who's Online (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...