Aldi's annual motorbike gear

This post is 3336 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Fancy the gear for the missus. First ride out on the xt as pillion this weekend since she flipped her mt50 up a house wall!

utter shite, cheep flimsy crap , :madflame: there , I said it !

still use the boots and trousers, had the trousers 5 years now

• Like 1

Might give the trousers a go, as my current ones are very nearly in bits.

Are the linings removable Drew?

Might give the trousers a go, as my current ones are very nearly in bits.

Are the linings removable Drew?

they are on mine,never use them though as they are too warm the time of year I wear them

Tank bag. Initial impression.

I'd estimate it's got about a 10l capacity. Has a transparent window, as well as an additional waterproof cover that you can put over it, if needed.

Magnets seem quite secure, but I've not been able to test it on the road: the bag is a bit big for the YBR, so doesn't fit snuggly.

Comes with an assortment of removable straps, with loops at the end - the noob in me doesn't have a clue what you'd loop them to.

There's a further one at the bottom, which I assume is for strapping around yourself: in case the magnets come loose.

And, there's a carry handle on top.

The transparent window is on the coverflap, and it has a slot(?) that you can place your phone/satnav into and be able to see it.

Finger presses do work through the screen, but they're not incredibly responsive.

Overall, for £13, it seems decent.

...............Comes with an assortment of removable straps, with loops at the end - the noob in me doesn't have a clue what you'd loop them to.

There's a further one at the bottom, which I assume is for strapping around yourself: in case the magnets come loose.............

Most have a loop to go around the steering head and straps to go under the tank or use to carry on the shoulder. I don't know about these ones but don't strap yourself to it because it could be dangerous in an accident.

They wouldn't fit around the shoulders [like a normal rucksack. They're just a reasonably small loop. The length of the entire strap is adjustable to about 4 foot... which is what confuses the hell out of me.

Realising though, the other strap, that I thought was for around yourself, would be for going round the tank

the slot is for a thing called a map, I know they are quite rare nowerdays :eusa_whistle:

• Like 2

Na, it's an extra slot in the whole flap thing. An alcove, of sorts. It's in the centre of that bit.

I'd post pictures, but I'm lazy (:

• Like 1

Went looking, myself.

Gloves don't come in sizes big enough that I could even get them on.

Trousers and jacket were nice enough, especially for a first set... but their solidity comes from being heavily made and they don't have enough of the features I like to make me buy either... Jacket was nonetheless very tempting and I might pop back for a second look. Don't appear to be Winter-intended, though.

Wasn't too interested in the rest, although the chain lock looked quite decent.

does your rather large hands make your penis look tiny Ttasky

Indeed they do... but 'looks' are deceiving, which is what I love about them!! ;)

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online