Recommend me tyres for YBR Custom

sutty86
This post is 3337 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi obviously totally new to this

Bike as of the minute has stock Chinese barely legal tyre on front 3.00 18

Need to replace asap really as I have read they don't have the greatest of grip.

Also has a half decent heindau k65 on the back which seems okay .

I know the bike is adapted for tubeless

But I'm thoroughly open to opinions

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Michelin Pilot Sportys are a good tyre for the YBR.

Put Metzeler's on my lad's 125 way back when (he's 25 and riding the GTR1000 now), managed to deck the pegs in the wet so they must be OK. Link to ME22 on Black Circles site - other sellers are available, your mileage may vary, terms and conditions apply, see small print for details.

I have had one of these until someone in Golf thought it would look better perched on his car. Which finished it off.

Anyway you will have a few problems getting a rear to fit and I changed mine to tubed tyres. This will give you better selection but all the usual tyes you may want will most likely not be available in the right size. I cant remember what I put on in the end but they were a vast improvement over the standard tyres. Which are just hopeless as you have found out.

If I can find the paperwork that I received with the tyres I will post again and let you know. The above mentioned Metzelers would be a great deal better and you may be able to get the front one but the rear is such an odd size you will fine it difficult.

For the record the tyres sizes you are looking for are.

Front tyre size 3.00 x 18

Rear tyre size 3.50 x 16

Old River man

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online