Xt600e pissing oil near starter motor

Simon46
This post is 3505 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thought id cracked it by reversing heat hardened cracked hose to airbox as diagnostic procedure. Still it leaks under starter. Oil level in middle. Any tips?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I took the breather hose to the airbox and reversed the hose connection from the top of the gearbox to the airbox as hose had split due to the operating temperature of the engine. It still has a leak from the starter motor area which dribbles down the back of crankcase. Oil tank is not overfilled. Is that making more sense?

A bit more clarity is what he means simon,, have you been heating the area,, or what was wrong with airbox pipe ,etc,,

Casing. looks like under starter motor.

On closer inspection I think it may be the clutch rod oil seal as its next to the breather hose. Spring is very oily.

Not so simple.

Simon.

I see wemoto do this kit

http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/yamaha/xt_600_e/91-94/picture/starter_motor_repair_kit/

Worth a try at 23 quid.

Thanks all.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online