dt250mx 80's white paint

drs
This post is 3384 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello

does any one know the white colour code or paint name for my dt250mx 1980? UK, white with red/blue stripe tank.

there should be a gray colour code sticker on the frame next to vin, but my one went a long time ago!!!

I have had it many years from 82 and want to do my now second referb, the first was in 94'ish.

I want to send the tank off for referbing, but I have never know what white paint to use. i think is ford diamond white at the mo!!

Had a good search on the net and could not find anything specific, pure white or peal white maybe!!!

thanks for looking

paul

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If its good will buy some for my 175mx. Waiting with baited breath.

S.

OK I'll post back some results, after the weekend!!!

I intend to look at the inside of the side pannels, as I dont think these have ever been painted since new!!

If I can post pics I will, so you can judge for yourself.

paul

Hello

the clear white paint arrived this week and I have done a quick test.

I have included some links to pictures:-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62674780@N06/16230053160/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62674780@N06/16231230849/

OK, so we are looking at the inside of the original side panel, as the original battery sticker is over the white paint I am assuming this inside colour is original.

I had this bike 3rd hand in 82, so 2 yeas old at the time, so I think this colour is original.

I painted the bottom of the front mudguard, so you and I can compatre the two.

I looks very good to me.

paul

Aye paul, original panels were colour coded, I cant post links now, as I upgraded to windows 8.1 . that's what they call progress eh,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online