Xt600e rear brake pads tools required

Simon46
This post is 3526 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Oops missus went out shopping. Accidentally bought a ebay 91 Xt600e when mrs went out shopping but needs rear pads. What size tools do i need to do pads before 200 mile ride from middlesex to manchester.

Regards Simon

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Basic tools simon, av just done my tiger, Allen keys plyers - get a can of brake cleaner , and tin of Copper grease for the back of pads, [ anti squeel] :thumb:

Cheers Blackhat. Spoke to the guy he has bought the pads already but not fitted so my train trip from Manchester Piccadilly via Euston, Paddington to hayes Middlesex begins at 6.10 am tomorrow. No beer for me tonight!

regards Simon

Good luck Simon hope it goes well.

Cheers Slice. just submitted online quote from bikesure. they want 142 for fully comp, 0 no claims as they are on my dt.

Carol nash just add the bike to same policy, I added the tiger for £35. multi bike policy,

I only passed full licence 2014. With Swinton at the mo. Thats well cheap. Simon 2 bikes. (Hopefully)

Well rode it back from London A roads first then onto motorways. A little chilly but at least it wasnt raining!

Don't know how to upload but here is ebay item no,

1230 left london. Got home 1945. Enjoyed but salt on outside of visor and ice on inside and frozen adams apple. Got respect from fellow bikers in my local. Told the missus i was having it transported back. Not happy when i arrived home. Oh well.

S.

• Like 1

Whitch is an easy clean,, give the pins an emry & light grease , they"l be little rubber boots, take care not to tear them,, :smash:

Took the 2 bolts holding caliper out. All very slidy and looks maintained. Inner pad on limit outer to the bone. Missus has cooked me rump steak dinner. So forgiven. Thanks for posting piccie.

S.

Well after getting it home and adjustments made on chain gear shifter and brakes took it to my dad who used to ride nortons bonnevilles etc asked me why don't you get a real bike after turning up on dt125mx with l plates pre cat A. He tried to get on the thumper but couldnt swing his leg high enougH. Felt sad seeing him tryin. Im going to buy a Harley he said!

S.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online