2004 yz125

clay
This post is 6601 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

bike was running fine but was time to rering it. bought factory parts, pistion ring,o-rings for the head,cyl.gasket.

installed the parts and now exhaust is filled up with antifreeze and oil and antifreeze is mixing in the transmissiom case. any clues?

I have have the head and the cyl. pressure tested and they are fine.

I have taken apart three times and triple checked o-rings, gasket, and also pulled water pump seal to check the water pump shaft for any abnormal marks are scarring on the shaft.

all this is after it has been kicked over several times. pull the spark plug and covered wuth antifreeze.

any help would be very nice .

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry mate i cant help you. Sounds like there is some srios problems going on there.

Have you compared your new gasgets with the old?? its somehow is leaking into the cylinder plus have you fitted anything like this before??

My advise is get a pro to sort it out. i dont mess with things like that (well not since my MR2 tried tuning it to 400bhp and blew the gearbox)

Sorry mate i cant help you. Sounds like there is some srios problems going on there.

Have you compared your new gasgets with the old?? its somehow is leaking into the cylinder plus have you fitted anything like this before??

My advise is get a pro to sort it out. i dont mess with things like that (well not since my MR2 tried tuning it to 400bhp and blew the gearbox)

im surprised it never blew the car cause mr2s dont like much more than about 300 bhp lol

• Admin

Im sure Scotts talking about the SW20, 3S-GT Engined MR2 its 245bhp as standard if i remember. I went to look at quite a few mr2 turbos before i got my supra... bloody quick things. A lot of the supras they race run this engine as its a lot lighter.

Check out these MR2 vids... ones 800 bhp!!!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search=Mr2

Im sure Scotts talking about the SW20, 3S-GT Engined MR2 its 245bhp as standard if i remember. I went to look at quite a few mr2 turbos before i got my supra... bloody quick things. A lot of the supras they race run this engine as its a lot lighter.

Check out these MR2 vids... ones 800 bhp!!!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search=Mr2

i never was a lover of the mr2 its just to girly :D

im surprised it never blew the car cause mr2s dont like much more than about 300 bhp lol

True but i had the rather expensive rebuild ect. rebored / forged pistons/billet steel crank / polished conrods / blitz 850cc injectors / ported / 4 paddle clutch / larger intercooler / apexi ecu/boost controller/ blitz air filter/ exhaust. O did i mention the stage 3 turbo T26b(2 bar) that helped. Might have a pic if your interested. total cost £25k

To cut a long story short...Too much hassle not enough enjoyment not to mention the drain on my resources. Now i stick to bikes. More power to weight than a car could ever get and i get bigger buzzes. Although i did enjoy whipping porche 911turbo's (just seeing the owners face thinking this cant be happening to me with my 60k car!)

Mine was obviosly a jap import. rev 3 1996, twin entry turbo. I had to swap my turbo for the old rev 2 one as the ceramic plates in the rev 3 were prone to breaking plus i think the old ones were bigger ct26-ct22b

Your correct mate you cant tune a stock mr2 above 300bhp due to the turbo and intercooler limitations not to mention the long bore stroke. Although iv heard some people tuning the older rev1-2 up to 330bhp due to the larger turbos on those but i dont believe a lot of that shit, I believe it when i see the dyno graph readings!

sorry mate i didnt realize i was only allowed to reply once!!!!! lol

ah yeah i forgot if you reply more than once it puts it all in same message :P