Check engine light, v star 650

Gdgarth
This post is 3370 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've got an 07 v star 650. This morning, around 40 degrees out, I rode it on the freeway, and the check engine light came on. I pulled off to the shoulder, and the light went out after about 30 seconds. I shut down and checked the oil level - it was fine. Started back up,and took off again. The light came on again when I hit high speed, went out when I slowed down. The bike ran great, sounded normal the whole time.

Any idea what this could be!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

put 50-100 ml more oil

... and next time warm your engine 5 min before you go

this is happening when the engine is cold.

I can try to add a bit of oil, but it isn't low at all. I didn't have this problem a couple of days ago - the only thing that changed was the ambient temp.

I warmed the engine up before taking off, and didn't see the problem until I was 12 miles from home - I'm pretty sure the engine was warm by then.

is not about low level oil, nothing wrong with you oil level. fit you engine with oil until the maximum level allowed. I had the same problem and we are not the only who had same problem. what I suggest you was the solution for all.

I assume that's 40º Farenheit?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online