rs200 fuel

ianf7771
This post is 3486 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You've no choice regarding "stars"

Its unleaded or super unleaded

Its a can of worms opening this up again, since both types have their advocates

I only use super in my two as it contains no Ethanol, but that's due to them both being pre 1997 bikes, one 17 years old, the other 28 years old

When you say " is there an additive i need besides 2 stroke oil ?" are you saying you are premixing 2 stroke oil with the petrol ? The RS200 should have an autolube system fitted to save you mixing the 2 stroke oil with the petrol unless a previous owner has done away with it. From memory I think the RS200 had the 2 stroke oil tank under the seat like the RD200 that you kept topped up with the 2 stroke oil.

Tony

Yes you can put normal unleaded in it, it will have been running on unleaded since unleaded is all you can get, you can put the Super unleaded in if you want but that's your choice.

Yes. Using a good quality 2 stroke oil is also a bonus. I use a standard unleaded petrol and a fully synthetic 2 Stoke oil.