Ignition an kill switch problems

Rhys Jarmesty New
This post is 3606 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys I have a 2002 dtr 125 it's a sweat little bike but I need help with the kill switch an ignition

It will start with out the key if the kill switch is on run but if you turn the kill switch of it wont

So for it to run at lest one of the kill switch or ignition had to be on the only way to turn it off is if the kill an ignition is off

Any idea on how to solve this problem it's hard to have a settle head when I can start with out a key thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Got to agree with Airhead. The killswitch is just an earth to stop the coils from sparking.

What happens when you disconnect the kill switch? Does it work or not??

• Like 1

Will do if I get time tomorrow I will try unfortunately I'm 16 an never done anything like this but I can only Learn I guess will do airhead

An it looks like when the old owner put a aftermarket headlight on this is where the problem had came the wiring was a mess

Yeah thats the trouble with old people, most of em are stupid...stay young :D

• Like 2

Will the bike pass the mot if you remove the kill switch altogether for the test ? (Assuming the ignition works ).

my tracker passed without one

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online