2014 a good years riding

meatloaf
This post is 3631 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

10 months ago I went to my local Yam dealer for a battery for my 535 Virago and came out with my 1300 midnight star, I was a bit nervous to start with as its so much bigger and heavier than the 535 but didn't take too long to get used to it. I've just clocked up 2000 miles on it, none of those miles were commuting as I am a self employed gardener but were totally purely for pleasure and mostly in glorious sunny weather :jossun: . Yes I have got wet a few times and discovered or should say re-discovered that a disadvantage of an open faced helmet is that when you get caught out in a hail storm, big hail stones can fucking hurt.

My non biking friends just cannot understand why when I come home after a long ride I've got this massive grin on my face. I guess non bikers just don't understand do they.

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I totally concur meatloaf. I've just retired and have gone from a 600 diversion to a 1250 bandit and am just bonding with it at the moment before taking it out on long runs.

Was a good year mate, went on for much longer than usual, even today I though. the suns shining just time to get a quick ride in, the wife thinks I'm mad. But this is one of those better weekends. :jossun:

Been a really good summer, I managed to get out loads and hope to again tomorrow, like you meatloaf I'm self employed so don't get to commute.

I've only just put the liner back in my jacket, not bad for October!, I dont put my bike away for the winter I just use it a lot less and shorter trips, hopefully we'll get a mild winter and I can get out more. Your right about non bikers, my mates say I'm in a mid life crisis, I say how!! when I'm still riding the same bike I bought in 1982.

and I still get home with that grin.

• Like 1

Totally agree with all posts here. The missus asked to go a run on the bike today (her arse must have recovered from our trip to Ireland in August) so off we went finishing off at a B and Q depot. Out I came £498 lighter with new kitchen worktops and sink on order...will I ever learn.

Anyway the run on the bike was fun and I still had the grin on my coupon when we got back

Our summer came slow ,but this summer was pretey good and this fall is making up for it esp the last few days near 20's and sunny was out most of the day yesterday .Been to the northern beaches this morning,home for a quick lunch and then back out to hit the south beaches.Hope this fall keeps right like this nice to have the full gear on and not sweat at all.Might even need to change the back tire if it keeps nice,was just going to leave it till spring but it's just about down the wear bars.Even the local tracks that normaly colse this turkey weekend are staying open till the end of the month. Happy Turkey weekend

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online