that gut wrenching moment...

captf
This post is 3481 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

...of hearing the sound of your bike falling over.

Had my bike up on the stand, while I was at my front door. And I hear that distinctive sound.

First time this bike's fallen over, and it was because I hadn't put the side stand down right.

*sigh*

No major damage: indicator cover fell off [super glue fixed], scrapped the bodywork by the seat, and the most annoying was the clutch lever pushed out of alignment. At least that didn't snap, like I had happen to me on my CBT (:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Dang it! That is a terrible sound. :(

You can bend them back into place, nice big ring spanner, just take it slow and let the ally take its time to.move at its own pace, if you use too much force too quickly thats when it will snap.

Lever seems to be OK. It's not actually bent.

It just pushed it out of place, so that the section that the lever [and mirror] is attached to was rotated slightly.

Not sure if it's paranoia, but it does seem to be looser [as in wobbles vertically more] than it was. No effect on actual usage, though - still rides perfectly fine, and no damage to the cable.

Tempted to get a couple of levers spare [clutch and brake] - just in case.

Na, it was on fairly level ground. I just hadn't pushed the sidestand all the way out [thought I had].

OF course, it wasn't quite as level as I'd thought.

Had something similar happen to me a few weeks ago - bike fully loaded with camping gear, pulled into layby to put an extra jacket on (I was getting chilly!) and hadn't noticed there was a small hole in the concrete! Luckily only scratched the engine casing - camping gear stopped anything serious.

Hmmmm there's something to be said for flat cloggie land ..... if you park yer bike it stays where it is. Not so in Cornwall :eusa_whistle:

Then again if you don't deploy the side stand fully :eusa_doh:

That sound hurts,and i think just about everyone has heard it before and then start 3x checking before walking away.

Just a tip haha dont crank you lever perches down so tight that the don't move,without a good bit of force that way they can rotate like they did. I alway leave mine loose enough to do that on all my bikes saved many a lever that way. On the wr they are realy loose and I check them often so they dont fall off,but my street bike I leave a bit tighter but they can still move.

I dropped a bike in the showroom of what used to be George Whites in Swinton a few years back (think it was a WR 125), I was sat on it generally getting a feel for it as I considered buying one, went to get off and dwhere the Sidestrand was more vertical than over centre as I got off the bike and all the suspension relaxed it rolled forward and off the stand and sort fell on top of me, luckily there was nobody around to point and laugh/bollock me

• Like 1

I dropped a bike in the showroom of what used to be George Whites in Swinton a few years back (think it was a WR 125), I was sat on it generally getting a feel for it as I considered buying one, went to get off and dwhere the Sidestrand was more vertical than over centre as I got off the bike and all the suspension relaxed it rolled forward and off the stand and sort fell on top of me, luckily there was nobody around to point and laugh/bollock me

Bloody hell that's such a shame Foamy. life eh?...full of missed opportunities !

I dropped a bike in the showroom of what used to be George Whites in Swinton

Swindon Steve. SWINDON

LMAO We might not have been there that day... but collectivly you will be dead before we are all done laughing Foams,LMFAOROTF did the mankini bite you and you had to get off quick. :hah:

And, as if dropping it once wasn't enough...

Monday, after work and feeling like shit from a cold that just kicked in. Gridlock so bad in the city that it wasn't possible to filter or even squeeze the bike through gaps between cars. So, I decided to just walk the bike along the side of the road.

And, because I was feeling like crap, and it being a bit wet, when I hit a bump on the road, the bike slipped from my grip, and down it went again.

This time, actual damage was done:

lXdrFQhl.jpg

Trying to decide if that or the lever snapping would have been worse.

Still, all fixed and replaced now [replaced both levers, to be safe - bought from "Motorcycle Products", with nice quick delivery] with black levers. Dunno, just 'felt' right (:

NncTKbAl.jpg

OH man not a good week at all eh? Not the best way to be doing up grades , but the black looks good.

BH groucho is back, this reminds me of when katie said she used to do her maitence by throwing her bike down the road,groucho just had bad luck with that xt

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online