Xt 660 x problems/upgrades

Mackthedaddy
This post is 3502 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

I'm a recent buyer of a 05 xt 660 x, they're very jumpy at the bottom end!

Anyone have any mods/upgrades to remedy this, or any good mods in general?

Any help would be greatly appreciated from this supermoto newbie!! :hyper:

Live to ride - Ride to live :madflame:

hi and welcome

Well that my friend is surging and all single cylinders of a big bore do it.

So how can you fix it... Simple answer is you cant!

But you can help it with stage 1 & 2 air filters and a KEV mod which is basically a fuel and air mixture adjuster you may or may not need the lamba sensor cut out too not sure. Alternatively to a kev mod you can get a power commander but at 10x the price of a kev mod about £300 you can have custom map settings.

To cut a long story short check out this forum

www.xt660.com these fellas know there stuff and have improved my bike loads check put the site and search there forum if you cannot find what you want just post away and askcd7a9b4463d93a6303211015fffb126e.jpg

Cheers

Dan

Xt660x 04

hi and welcome

Well that my friend is surging and all single cylinders of a big bore do it...

I don't think that is quite true, in my experience.

The XT660 is known to have surge issues with an airbox mod and power commander being the most popular ways to reduce surging, last time I looked.

I don't think that is quite true, in my experience.

The XT660 is known to have surge issues with an airbox mod and power commander being the most popular ways to reduce surging, last time I looked.

True mr DT only relaying what i have been previously told and trying to help a fellow xt er

Xt660x 04

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online