SMIDSY

g1hsg
This post is 3499 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Aaargh. Not me but my eldest just been taken off her pushbike in central London whilst on her way to work. Van driver opened his door on her and gave her the choice of his door or going under the oncoming traffic. Helmet saved her head but after X-rays it looks like a fractured Scaphoid (what else !). Plastered up for another two weeks and then second set of plates and then a decision on further treatment. The knight of the road that caused this managed to bugger off in the ensuing confusion - bastard. To make matters worse she's a professional musician and has an audition for the BBC Philharmonic in a fortnight. That ain't happening now. Always thought I was the most likely target - and wish I had been.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Really sorry to hear that mate, hope she mends ok, have you asked the police if maybe there is any CC TV of the incident? After all central London is awash with the bloody things and it might just be possible to get after the bastard and make him pay. I have several methods of payment in mind starting with thumb screws and working out from that !!! :madflame:

Ow, that's rubbish news :shakeno:

Send your daughter my sympathy and wishes for a speedy recovery (and I'll also wish a plague of boils on the bum of the van driver who did this) x

Damn! Sending my sympathies as well! Wishing her a fast and full recovery!

Agree with Slice on the CCTV. Can't move in London without being on camera. Hope she mends fast and maybe the BBC Philli will let her postpone her audition.

Sorry to hear about that, I do hope she makes a full recovery, hope the bastard rots in hell.

Poor girl. Hope she makes a full recovery, and then gets her dream job.

Meanwhile make sure it has been reported to the Cops and as stated above, get them to check out all the cctv in the area

Thanks for all the good wishes, I've passed them on to her. Andrew, she's a horn player. Ironically enough as it's her left arm that's injured she could have probably managed any other brass instrument - the horn being the only member of the family that's effectively played left handed.

Really sorry to hear that. Hope she is on the mend soon enough.

Irony is a real killer! Is there no way she can audition after a few weeks when her wrist is better or has she missed the boat for a while? I don't suppose they'd consider a tenor horn as a temp replacement to show off her skills?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online