YBR 125, not starting. (Sorry to be a pain)

Nathan0834
This post is 3663 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

(Important info = YBR 127 2007 Fuel Injection)

So, been loving the YBR and riding in general. Been very lucky with the weather, so perfect for me to get some experience miles in.

Back at work today, so set of, bike started first time no problem, (parked in the shade)

Left it in the car park during the day, decided to meet the Mrs for lunch. (mainly just an excuse to ride, but we won't tell her that). (parked in the sun / a little bit of shade)

Went to start it; nothing, Not a sausage. Ticked over, but no go.

Turned off and back on again, paying even more attention, noticing that there was no wurring (however you spell it) noise. Pressed the started button, lots of ticking over but again no ignition.

Frustrated I did lots of research, and ended up trying the wet cold towel on the tank, it started no problem.

Ok... so to my point and question to the experts:

Is the sun really having that much of an effect, if so why, what is happening? what is the cause?

Secondly there seems to be two fixs: the first,. buying a, what seems very cheap, fuel pump from ebay or getting a genuine one from Yamaha.

Is the cheap one ok, or an i right in thinking that is is better get the genuine one, bearing in mind the value of the bike itself. (The pump is £250 and the is £1000-£1100).

Anyway, that is alot of babble there, so if you have made it through, I would love to know thoughts and opinions from you and if you have had the same problems.

Thank you,

Nathan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

When you went to start it was the engine turning over or was it just clicking?

Clicking - with no engine spin would lead me to say the battery, start relay or starter need to be looked at and usually it is a connection that needs cleaning.

Engine spinning but not picking up would lead me to say fuel. Possibly a blocked breather. If you opened the fuel cap and heard a vacuum suck noise then that would be it. Check the fuel breather for a blockage. You can try to open the fuel cap and start the bike remembering to close the cap before you ride.

After contacting A local Yamaha Dealer, they are contacting Yamaha to see if they will honour the recall and give me the fuel pump free. Long process as it all has to be done by hand and faxed though. Fingers crossed, if not, I will have to take the hit.

Nathan if you can get a cheaper one then don't bother with the Yammie one after all if the pump fails you just buy another one I mean if it's £20 a pop then you can buy 11 of them for the price of a proper one.

Nathan if you can get a cheaper one then don't bother with the Yammie one after all if the pump fails you just buy another one I mean if it's £20 a pop then you can buy 11 of them for the price of a proper one.

I did think the same to be honest. I think it is my noob worry that is making me think about the genuine part. I really appreciate your help. In your experience do you know if this is the part that will fix the problem. Thank you.

Sorry mate never had one of these but from what I have heard from others it seems to be a common fault, so if your between 2 minds on what to do why not buy one of the cheap pumps and see what happens, the worst thing that can happen is you still have the same fault. And of course you still have the Yammie recall to fall back on at the very least.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online