HELP!!!! my bike wont start :(

~~~ Clive Senior ~~~
This post is 3523 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm with Slice on this, charge the battery then YOU know its charged fully, don't rely on someone else saying its charged.

Alternatively if you have access to a car and some jump leads you can try that but don't start the car, just try the starter with it connected.

** Posts passed while I was typing....

It should take about 8 hours on trickle charge, I leave mine overnight or did till I got the Oximiser now it's on all the time when it's not being used. You can't, as far as I know, over charge it with a trickle charger but you can boil it dry if you leave it on for days or weeks.

The simplest way to check the starter is to feed it directly 12v +,hook a jumper cable to the starter first so you dont have power going to it while getting in the tight spot then touch the other end to battery +,have the neg cable attached to housing of the starter and neg treminal of battery. If it dosent work then you know for sure it is in need of rebuild.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online