rd350lc 1982 pre/power valve

up.yours
This post is 3658 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

what will happen if i leave the baffles out , as it picks it's feet up better without them.

am i risking melted pistons or will it be ok apart from the extra decibels :shrug:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

On my old 81 I pulled the baffels and replaced them with some alui pipe from a lawn chair and drilled as many holes as I could and didn't have to rejet. See a few guys run without baffels but I think thier bikes were slower as they wern't getting the back pressure and scavenging effect the baffels help with.

Plug chop run bike to full rpm in top gear kill ignition and at the same time pull in clutch,stop and pull spark plugs and see if the are coffey colour or white coffey is good white is bad(lean)

Plug chop run bike to full rpm in top gear kill ignition and at the same time pull in clutch,stop and pull spark plugs and see if the are coffey colour or white coffey is good white is bad(lean)

:yeahthat:

right , i will do it tommoz . if its still coffee coloured and pulls better like it is doing , im good to go am i.

• 2 weeks later...

lost a feckin baffle today , it's your fault john :biglaugha: that screw didn't hold,

i didn't get round to replacing it.

im going back over the moors tomorrow to see if i can see it..only did 22 miles :shakeno:

your so rude andy.

anyhow a genital tap and squashing with snip nosed plyers have got it back in shape.

finished with a squirt of bbq black.

• Like 1

your so rude andy.

anyhow a genital tap and squashing with snip nosed plyers have got it back in shape.

finished with a squirt of bbq black.

Genital tap, you got rocks for balls then?

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online