struggle to find 3rd.

Kevinp4966
This post is 3603 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I bought my brand new 2014 YZF-R125 now the first couple hundred miles have been great and smooth, but recently the gearbox has refused to go into third... It's not jumping it just won't go in....

I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong or if there's a problem. It gears up and down fine in every gear apart from 2nd into 3rd.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As it's new then your best bet is to check the clutch adjustment first then check oil levels (assuming you have been using bike oil and not CAR oil here?), then if that don't fix it take it back to the seller and see what they have to say. If you try to do anything that has major mechanical work involved then you might invalidate your warranty. :jossun:

My new bike came with a 2 year warranty. If something goes wrong with it in that period, it goes back to them. If I had a concern with it I would take it back and discuss it with them. If you get bad service then don't use them again. Building a rapport with a main dealer, or two, pays dividends. Just buying a few bits a year from them can help them stay in business and will help any further purchases in the future. When I brought the FZ I spent more time taking to the owner about the YA and he has an original picture of one on the showroom wall because his parents, who ran the shop before him, used to sell them back in the 1960's and that has been passed down.

I would take it back to the seller and get them to sort it out under warranty.

Took it out again today its working fine all through...... oil level is good too. If it starts happening again ill take it back, but its been playing like a good girl all through the 70 miles today. (Fingers crossed)

damn glory pins aren't coming off though lol...... looks stupid they're all bent but they just aren't coming off!!! *looks at the sand paper and scissors*

Does anyone know of any meets or ride outs in the Wisbekistan area?? Im willing to travel for a good one.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online