Dt125 lc mark 1

Chris125
This post is 3702 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I bought a mark1 lc about 18 months ago, it was in pretty bad shape cosmetically seemed to run ok albiet topend was poor and start first time on the kick. When I open her up it loses power to the point of being in top gear and dropping it to 3rd just to get it moving again. Thought it could be a exhaust problem as it was welded leaking and all the rest of it so went and bought a new big one exhaust, changed air filter box for k&n style filter and I'm still having problems from 3rd gear up with power loss anybody help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Chris, It's usual to do an INTRO in the new members section BEFORE you do a "how do I fix my bike" question, just so we can get to know you, it's a bit like meeting new folks in the pub and jumping in to their conversation without saying Hi first. Glad you found us and hope you stick around so please be kind enough to nip over to the Intro section and you will get more results if folks don't think your a 1 hit wonder. Welcome to the YOC mate always nice to have new folks join in. :wavey:

Thanks for the replys everyone Haven't done rejet on carb yet as had the problem before upgrade exhaust although if i remember correctly my plug was pitted with black carbon deposit so might need rejet do i go up or down? no noticeable leaks but will have a better luck tomorrow or over weekend , compression seems to be ok only done thumb over spark plug test and if its rings won't it smoke badly out the exhaust ? The rings have been in the back of my mind as i dont think they've ever been changed Should mention that I premix my two stoke, two caps to a full jerry can. Too much or too little thanks again for the help everyone

You need to be systematic with these things. A shotgun approach (tinkering with everything in the hope you get it right) rarely works.

First things first. Clean the carb. Check the jet sizes and float height. Reset all to standard settings and jets. Get 2 new spark plugs of the right specification.

Adding a big one exhaust and a different air filter will affect the bike and normally I would say you need to jet up (bigger pilot/main jets) but until you have a proper place to start you won't know.

As Airhead says, can you do a compression test or not? Does the use water? Why are you pre-mixing oil?

You need to be systematic with these things. A shotgun approach (tinkering with everything in the hope you get it right) rarely works.

First things first. Clean the carb. Check the jet sizes and float height. Reset all to standard settings and jets. Get 2 new spark plugs of the right specification.

Adding a big one exhaust and a different air filter will affect the bike and normally I would say you need to jet up (bigger pilot/main jets) but until you have a proper place to start you won't know.

As Airhead says, can you do a compression test or not? Does the use water? Why are you pre-mixing oil?

• Like 1

I understand I need to be systematic in my approach to finding the problem. Cleaned the carb out its set at standard on all fronts, I had the problem before I changed exhaust and air filter they were both changed due to them being in extremely bad state,(cracked, holed, split). And understand that I will have to rejet it due to this even though the problem hasn't got any worse

No 2 stroke tank so have to premix, yes it uses water and will be doing a compression test when I can get my hands on one or the money to buy one

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online