Bikers Sunday best

meatloaf
This post is 3619 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Dropped into Ryka's yesterday for a bite to eat and a cup of tea,as you can imagine the place was heaving. While sitting in the shade supping my tea I couldn't help but notice that there were a number of bikers wearing what I can only describe as their Sunday best, leathers in pristine condition spotlessly clean and trousers that didn't appear to have a single crease in them. I don't know about you guys but I try to keep my leather jacket clean but even in summer I find that after just a couple of hours in the saddle I'm covered in all sorts of crap. Just wondering if some of these guys actually ride.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You'll pick up more crap than the majority, as you're on a Cruiser. You're effectively a kite in the wind.

Since switching to the FJ, I find far less road crap and bugs on me.

That said, a lot of them are probably Summer riders. Got one guy here at work who only takes his bike out 3 or 4 times a year. He claims he tours Europe annually, but either he's hacking his clocks or his mileage proves he's lying!

I recon your right about about cruisers but then I like flying kites, I'm prepared to put up with picking up crap as the ride is worth it.

Several years ago when I was looking for a Virago, I was amazed at how many people were selling their bikes with incredibly low mileage and all of it "dry miles", funny I thought bikes were for riding not sitting in a garage. I guess each to their own but seems a waste of dosh to me.

• Like 1

Most of them got those bikes without realising how much work it takes to keep them in good condition. They're not really designed for all weathers.

I went to monsters of rock many years ago and saw groups of guys with full leathers and motorcycle boots on getting out of cars.

Most of them got those bikes without realising how much work it takes to keep them in good condition. They're not really designed for all weathers.

I use ACF 50 and find that helps, but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize that lots of chrome + rain etc = rot

I use ACF 50 and find that helps, but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize that lots of chrome + rain etc = rot

It does if no-one tells you first.

Few people look after their cars as is. They might clean the paintwork once in a while, but most simply expect to put fuel in and it will just work.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online