Motorcycle News with Free Yamaha 24-page pullout on sale now!

Motorcycle News
This post is 3711 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

You may be interested in this week's Motorcycle News with a FREE 24-page pullout celebrating all things Yamaha...

Here's a little taster of what's inside the Yamaha Special...

Everyone started on a Yamaha -For over 40 years new riders have learned, loved and laughed on Yamaha motorcycles -We get a little nostalgic about starting out.

When Yamaha really ruled the world.
No other factory has been in MotoGP as long as Yamaha. We salute the tuning-fork brand's premier class champions..

Teen spirit
Yamaha’s new, whippet-like, lightweight twin, the MT-07, has been claimed to rekindle the spirit of the iconic RD350LC. But does it? MCN puts them head-to-head to find out.

The evolution of Yamaha - 1955-2015
From building pianos and reed organs to winning MotoGP world champs and Dakar rallies, Yamaha's quest for innovation shaped our modern bikes.

At all good newsagents and grocery stores now - get your copy today!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A friend just picked this up...

"Big, multi-page pull out section this week. 50 years of Yamaha development, they trumpet. Lots of bikes, many that never sold but the MCN guys think they were great. Get to 1984 and, curiously, the only bike of significance released that year was the RD500 according to them (which sold about 50 units in the UK, mainly for track use). Not a mention of the mighty FJ11/1200 range that was one of Yamahas biggest sellers until 1995, or the XJR12/1300 or the FJR's intro in 2000 and beyond.
I despair!!"

He's just narked that the FJ/FJRs aren't the stars of the show, I expect....

I didn't learn on a Yamaha either. My first 2 bikes were Suzukis. I learnt to ride the first one when I collected it from the shop.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online