LED light bulbs for the instrument cluster.

slice
This post is 3556 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just a quick query, can I change the old bulbs for new LEDs in the instrument cluster on the FJ? I only ask as I have it all in bits and while I'm at it I thought it would be a good idea to change the old bulbs out while I can as it's a bit of a bastard to get at when the fairing is on, in there at the moment are the standard 3.4 watt capless white bulbs and after seeing someone on here change his bulbs out was wondering if I needed to change anything vis-a-vis the voltage output, or can I just chuck the existing ones and replace them with new shiny LEDs? Any help - advise - comments on previous experience appreciated. :idea:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

These will work, apparently...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMD-LED-509T-DASH-INSTRUMENT-PANEL-DASHBOARD-SPEEDO-BULBS-RED-WHITE-BLUE-PINK-/290758958077?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item43b2959bfd

The FJ dash is already coloured, so get the white ones.

I need to do this myself, at some point...

Only thing to watch is your indicator warning.

If its 2 separate lamps your fine. Just the one? Then leave that as a plain old bulb. Much easier.

Otherwise you need to start messing with resistors and extra earths.

Nah, the FJ is some real fancy shit - Got an instrument light on EACH SIDE!!! :D

From what the FJOC seem to be doing, you just swap all 10 bulbs for these and away ye go.

Thanks lads, thought it would be as easy as swapping them over but sods law says that it will get complicated. :biglaugha:

Told you!! Just looked at those bulbs Tasky and they are the wrong ones :sigh2: so I will have to find them myself but thanks for looking mate.

just go on the bay and put a search in for your type of fitting slice. :thumb: .

usualy if you enter price and post cheapest leds are up at the top.

those from china are hit and miss , you get good ones and you also get duff ones,

99p :eusa_think: go on have a punt.

• Like 1

Told you!! Just looked at those bulbs Tasky and they are the wrong ones :sigh2: so I will have to find them myself but thanks for looking mate.

I thought those *were* the right ones?

Maybe more info in this: http://www.fjfjrbiker.co.uk/index.php?topic=19984.0

No Tasky those are the later ones I think. I have just bought a set of 10 from the bay and should be here in a couple of days. cw66_4.jpg These should be about right.

Lemme know if they work out - I may come asking for the link!!

You got white ones, yeah?

Yeah white ones TASKY, could not find anyone that did 10 bulbs until today, just popped up this morning on the bay. Cost about £19 for the set I think. There is a guy on here who has a 125 I thnik and he put these type in his bike and it looked just like an LCD display, can't for the life of me remember what his header was but have a look for something similar in the old posts and if you find it they look really cool.

I'm more interested in how your FJ Orange turns out!!

Post piccies when you're sorted?

I'm only doing the mechanicals at the moment, not bothering with what it looks like, going to get it painted in the winter, strip the bike right down again and have it all done, thinking of candy apple red for the fairing and white on white for the wheels and frame. If I get it up and running then I will be on it for Squires but it will look like a piece of shit till I get it sorted. :jossun:

Ok thanks Mervin never thought of that, Tasky this is the post with the LCD info on it, somewhere near the end of the listing

YBR125 Random Improvements (Photo Heavy)

unfortunately slice ,,

i have those as side lights in the car..

they fail individually and start to flash/blink.

i have changed them four times since last year..

I bought some led daylight runners from the bay - cheap at £2 from china. Worked for about 5 months before failing. More annoyed that I spent time fitting the buggers!

my day runners from china for only £1.20p a pair are now in their third year without fault.

so it really is hit and miss slicey old chap..

Just have to see what happens, to be honest I really don't give a shit just like to see what they look like, like most of these things it's really just an "I WANT" moment.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online