classic (70s) DT175 port pictures/port map

This post is 3693 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey all

I have an aussie AG 175 1975 model (apparently DT125 gearbox with 175 cylinder- reeds 24mm mikuni etc I just want to see how different hte porting is between cylinders ( or if it is different at all)

if anyone has any port pics can they please throw them up

cheers

ed

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey guys

I currently own a 1974 dt 175, I am restoring it, at a very slow pace. The problem I have is that, I have took the head and barrel off, and at some point water has got into it, the piston, crank well everything in that area has rusted, to the point where nothing will move.

Is there any way I can rectify this without buying a new engine?

no you'll at least need to rebuild the conrod if its corroded. you can buy conrod rebuild kits but need to be reasonably skilled and have a few tools (v blocks, press etc) to do a crank rebuild.

any motorbike machine shop of worth can bore/hone a cylinder, if the rust in the cylinder is light then a hone may be enough, a bore will require new oversize piston

looking at the cost of these things perhaps the cheapest optin is to buy another engine and dont strip it until you are ready to put it back together.

Put the whole engine in a container of diesel for a week or two. You will need to strip the engine and see what is serviceable but it often frees up seized part so diss assembly is possible.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online