Xj6n exhaust change

shaun_1990
This post is 3579 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everyone I'm hoping this is in the correct section & i'm hoping it's aneasy one.

Been doing some digging to swapping my exhaust from the one I have now to something abit more throaty, which I was thinking decat the bike & happy days but this is a tough one as can't find the parts.

After a couple of hours of looking I have found that 03-05 r6 headers with some form of link pipe & a slip on can will do the trick once I have bent a pipe so the header doesnt catch the sump.

Where could I get a link pipe & how would I be able to mount a slip on to a link pipe & is there such a thing that exists?

How will the lamda sensor plug in?

Please tell me if I have missed anything & any advice would be great, think I have done to much digging & confused myself haha.

Shaun

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

must be somebody out there that can shed some light

Most people who want a little more noise slip a can only on. I don't know if a system exists but you could get one made. They weld/braze a lambada sensor threaded plug on a system if you want to retain it. I am not sure if anything de-cat'ed would pass an MOT these days.

Cheers for the reply, yeah I have done digging & found a full artow system which I am seriously thinking about getting now. Easier to fit also no hassle

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online