Newb.

This post is 3720 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone!

As a father to a teenage son that is now in his second year of biking, I would like to introduce the pair of us.

He has just got rid of his Chinese plastic pig and recently bought an xt125r that is poorly - more of that later. To be fair to the pig, it got him to college everyday, a round trip of 25 miles and allowed him to carry out the so called "twat laps", I guess these are the constant loops around the local town to pose???

Glad I didn't do things like when I was young.

I have owned and worked on bikes for many years now and let me cast my mind back to recall.......

NSU quickly, FS1E, RD250, DT175, DT175MX, RD350 p/valve, GPZ 650, DR650, FMX650, DRZ400E, 883 Sportster, the latter three I still have. Just remembered, had a CD175 Benley in amongst that lot somewhere as well.

I'll try and abide by the site etiquette but being an older model myself, tech' is starting to allude me.

Apparently, you have to plug some cars/bikes into a computer to tune them, what's all that about?

We once did this with a screwdriver, grinder and polish etc.

Anyways, once again, hello!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the YOC Ted. :jossun: