Rear wheel rotation in gear

VinXCz
This post is 3720 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

- Bike engine running.

- Bike in gear.

- Clutch held in.

- Increase in throttle.

And the bike still moves forward?

Check your clutch cable adjustment (fully detailed in your owners manual). It should not engage until you let the lever quite a way out...

If you are doing the above, but NOT holding the clutch lever, then that is how a geared bike actually works!! :D

If you mean all the above, but the bike is switched OFF - That *can* be normal. I've done this with some lightweight bikes in order to push-start them. You do need to put a fair bit of effort in to move it, though and it's not something I'd advise doing very often...

It is easier on a small cc, single cylinder bike.

That said, I would recommend putting petrol in it and riding it; It is much more fun.

• Like 4

How much 'restricted movement'?

A few inches, a couple of feet, or can you push it halfway down the road?

How does it perform when the bike *is* started and you put it in gear with the clutch held in... or mostly in?

Does it still creep forward?

Sounds normal to me.

Yer i can push Betty when in gear and clutch out, takes some grunting and smelly damp patches in the groin area but it can be done.............not sure why you want to do it tho but guess we all have licked a 9v battery to find out what its like :eusa_think::eusa_whistle:

takes some grunting and smelly damp patches in the groin area

That'll be a hernia, mate... ;)

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online