Mt03 mods

age136
This post is 3725 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Evening all , I've said a quick hello in the welcome section but would like some advice on mods for the mt 03 .

So far it's completely standard but I plan on fitting a power commander and a set of aftermarket pipes .

I could wait until a set of secondhand arrows or akropovic come up for sale sh or I'm tempted with some of the stainless Mivv cans . Does anyone have any experience of these ? Quality , sound and power ?

Other mods will be a spray job and a screen .

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you search around we had a member on here who was a big MT03 rider -- i forget his username. He modded his extensively, I then think he found his gf didn't like the pillion perch so he chopped it in for a zook or a kwak.

I think the opinion of that single is no point in power commander, it won't gain much (anything), but a sweet exhuast sounds more interesting than the OE (same for all Jap bikes?). No need to commander for end cans (prob no point even with a full system, as the cylinder head gas flow is the dominant factor of volumetric efficiency on the 660cc lump, also the conservative rev limit).

Great machines though and a real commuter/hooligan tool.

If you search around we had a member on here who was a big MT03 rider -- i forget his username. He modded his extensively, I then think he found his gf didn't like the pillion perch so he chopped it in for a zook or a kwak.

Was his user barnwell or barnwell1982 - something like that anyway.

Thanks for the replies. Guy I work with has an xt660x with cans and power commander and he said the p/c made a big difference due to glitchy fuel injection in the xt . I've read that the injection was better on the mt03 though .

I've ridden an mt with akropovics and p/c and it felt a big improvement . No idea if it was the cans , p/c or just the fact that it sounded sooooo much better lol

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online