sr 125 headlight fault

chillbehappy
This post is 3594 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there all my question for you is .

Q.why is my head lightbulb not working when there is a current reaching the bulb holder but will NOT light bulb which is 45/40 12 volt .

Any ideas folks thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Is the bulb blown?

If you take the bulb out, using a multimeter, do you get a reading? Mostly in the old holders there are 2 point of contact at the base and these are both live. A reading should be taken from ONE of these and either the side of the holder or a good earth. Don't put anything across these as you will blow something. You can also test with an old, working indicator. One wire end on one base and one on the holder side.

Before you test this, is the battery OK? Do the indicators work without the engine running is a good test of this.

Thanks for reply

Indicators work

Battery is good

I haven't used multi metre but used light tester and it lit up both on high and low beam

Bulb is new and also another new on tried

there is a current from bulb holder not sure how many amps as don't have proper multi metre but it does light up my pen light tester both on low and high beam no problems with sidelight either just high and low headlight beam strange any help appreciated

Thanks for quick reply DT

If the bulb holder is getting power then I would suggest the bulb is no good (even if new) or the terminals at the back of the bulb aren't touching the connectors in the holder. They can wear. Can you push the bulb or wiggle it and get any joy?

Bulb is working definatly I'm thinking the terminals on the bulb aren't reaching the bulb holder any ideas on what to use to try to bridge the connections ? Thanks again DT

Just buy a new one. You could mess about by dropping some solder onto the terminals to build them up but I wouldn't bother.

If you try some tin foil or the like, you may short something out.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online