XJ6 break adjustment

Rusty84
This post is 3738 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone.

This is my first post here as I am new so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

I was wondering if there is any way of tightening my front break? I just don't feel it is that sharp any more. I don't know if it is a case of it being time for new pads or not? The bike has only done 4100 miles and I have no idea of how long the pads should last.

Any advice on the longevity of the pads or if I can tighten it up a bit will be most appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You need to say hello in the new members section as a first post to get the best out of most forum members.

They can't be tightened. Check the the pads for contamination or wear. Check the brake fluid to make sure it is not too low. Make sure the brake pistons are working correctly.

Braided brake hoses make them less "spongy". Sintered pads normally have more grip - but wear the pads out quicker. Brake fluid needs to be changed every 2 years ish.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online