Newbie saying hello and asking for help

Sogra
This post is 3597 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I bought myself a 1979 RD250E thats a throw back to when I had one when they were new. Needs some little bits to get to the standard I want . Did a google search and found myslef here.

I also own a classic car, Triumph TR6 but bike have always been my first love.

I can remember a lot about the bike but its 30 odd years ago. This has the seat trims missing and I bought some new ones from Yambits but cant work out how they fit can anybody give me the heads up?

I will take some pictures and post them

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Sogra welcome to the YOC,

Love old Triumph cars i wouldn't mine getting a mk3 spit but the wife has control of the bank account after my bike build. I'll have a look to see how to fit these on my cheesy toast break in a bit but pictures may help us too ;)

Just come across this site on a quick search and right at the bottom you have seat trim that clips over the top and can be either glued in place or rivited and they sell the seat trim rivets too

http://www.hvccycle.com/seats-yamaha.html

Hi Sogra, Welcome to the YOC. :wavey:

Hi and welcome to the forum. Lots of 2 stoke lovers here and a few RD owners, including me. We are a friendly bunch and a few of us meet at Squires in Yorkshire for the 2 stroke weekend in September- see the rally rid out section. For detailed info have a look at the aircooledrdclub site. A few here are members there too and their rally is mid July in derby.

I would love a TR 4a to 6 roadster would be fine.

Thanks everybody, Can see the clips so need to take the seat cover off to find the holes they go in. Tried to change the brake and clutch levers today from black dogleg to the standard E ones but the new ones are to thick so suspect that the brackets may be LC (or supplier sent the wrong ones).

Any thoughts on colour, wanted yellow and black but mine is red and white but now its growing on me. Road it up and down the close whilst the wife was at work and I forgot how quick they were.

Can anybody tell me how to post pictures?

thanks

Hi sogra" i"v just retuned from Knockhill racing circuit . it was Yamaha LC race day ,with nial Mc"kenzie . great day, a few binned Lc"s , :eusa_doh: , saw only 1 Aircooled RD, in carpark , few GT"s and DT"s... great to see tho..

I think the Aprilla 125"s were faster tho,, :babyha: time changes everything :yeah:

Hopefully this worked and you can see a couple of pictures

RD1.jpg

RD2.jpg

Things that need doing or are wrong - front mudguard is a pattern part and sits (I think) a little high. Seat side rails need painting and fitting. Wrong brake and clutch levers. Choke lever has to be held down and a very small dent in the tank.

Jobs done so far, Clutch adjusted, switch gear repainted in satin black and new labels put on. Spare key cut, brake fluid changed. Battery topped up, air filter replaced. topped up 2 stroke.

Cleaned , again

Looking much better than any of my RD's at the moment. Very nice.

As I said earlier, have a look in the rally and rideout section and there is info of the clubs annual meet and ride weekend and the annual RD clubs weekend is in a few weeks. I pop in as a day visitor to that one.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online