YBR 125 cutting out

JayDee86
This post is 3667 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I did post this in my 'Hi' message in the welcome are but realised that's not really the place for it..

The bike occasionally cuts out when I'm sat in traffic in 1st gear with the clutch in.. when this is the case, it coincides with the bike not wanting to go into neutral - the gear lever just won't budge.

The revs just seem to die to nothing ..but it only does it occasionally.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks guys

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The clutch may need adjusting and or the idle raised. Also check the Chain tightness.

Not sure about your biking experience but bikes can be hard to put into neutral when stationary. A little rocking the bike forward and backward with the clutch in can help.

Further to that, often the clutch can be tinkered with at the lever _ do you have a small kindled dial where the clutch cable goes into the clutch lever at the handlebars?

Idle is normally at the carb.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll check the clutch and see if i can tinker a little.

Most of the time, it runs perfectly fine (which you'd expect for a new bike!) and idles at around 1500 but then once I've been riding a while, it startes to do this occasionally.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online