2004 yzf-600 starts but won't idle

bamf
This post is 3749 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all, Just got this yzf-600 and could use some advise on troubleshooting. It starts and runs as long as I keep the rpm's up. when it warns up I let it idle down and it dies. It won't start until it sits awhile. Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve or check to narrow down the problem? no repair shops close to me.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks, I've already started on the carbs and they are full of trash. I'll clean the bowls and jets the fuel pump and tank I've done so I hope this solves the problem.

Ok, Cleaned the carbs and runs good if I give it gas but won't idle. Any suggestions

You lost me on that one could you explain?

You lost me on that one could you explain?

Idle speed.

Yes, the secondary coil wires were crossed and the pilot jets needed a second cleaning. She is slowly coming back to life will keep posting progress and any problems I run into. I appreciate all the advise I received from members and look forward for more. Thanks Tim in Texas

You need to make sure that the carbs are really clean and set up correctly. The pilot jet controls the fuel at idle. What condition is the air filter?

She screams like an eagle, a little cosmetic work and a good bath and we'll be hitting the wind. It pays to have a repair manual and good advise. Thanks again, Tim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online