How not to help a newbie!

swiftone
This post is 3756 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

went to Brid on my little 125 yesterday with hubby, and i said to him as we parked up, hope i don't stall on the way out as its a steep hill from the harbour car park! Anyway walked round had the usual fish chips and a cuppa! Got back to the bikes to see a chap on a brand new 125 bike, not sure what make, had all saddlebags, screen etc, he got halfway up the said hill and......stalled! I really felt for him as he kept trying to get it going, his mate behind on a 1300 Suzuki shouting * " what gear you in you plonker" he ignored him but tried again, by this time 3 bikers sat on the wall stood up and started clapping and jeering, i whizzed round after sitting on my bike and gave them the stare!! Followed by " one laugh if i stall and i will jump off my bike and give you a slap" hubby reassured me i would be ok, off i went, i could see said bikers had now become a crowd and i went hell for leather up the hill!....and as i looked at them all stood with their arms folded one of them gave me a nod and thumbs up! I did it perfectly! Ha ha they all whistled and clapped! Phew what a tester!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Swiftone- nothing big nor clever about that. Everyone has to learn and that just shows how crap the country has become when a "fellow biker" is verbally abused rather than encouraged. We all had to start somewhere.

Think that's more right of passage. I have taken my share of ribbing. Even now, eh John (2 stroke).

Same as my mate coming off because he wanted one more pass by the camera with his knee down. He came past the camera alright, knee, arm, exhaust, etc down and I got it all on his fancy camera. Once I knew all he hurt was his pride and his bike (pegs, bar ends etc nothing expensive). I couldn't breathe for laughing.

There is still a little bit of, dunno? Not bravado, more like a squadie clearing basic training.

You didn't get the nod for the stare. You got the nod for walking the walk.

Also, Check book charlies are fair game.

There is "general banter" (ribbing and laughing) and there is being a total prick banter. yes its a right of passage and we all have been there but i think after the 3rd try of getting his bike up the hill he (or she) should have though "hang on some things not right" and either given it more gas or do what his mate said and checked to see what gear he (or She) was in and told his mate to shut it.

Great to hear that you got up the hill Swiftone (not swift1) :biglaugha:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online